This post was about making things with kids but I think most of the points apply to anyone of any age.
1. It’s important to make something—anything—with your hands every once in awhile.
2. Making things by hand can put you and your child into a state of “flow.”
3. Value process over final product.
4. Stop consuming, start creating.
5. Handmade work teaches children to be original and inventive.
6. DIYs let kids use their imaginations, a skill they have in abundance.
7. Research shows a strong connection between creativity and well-being.
8. Accept that we are all creative.
9. Notice the sense of wonder in your child.
10. Go [a]head, dive back into your childhood reserve of wonder.